If you need a large storage shed, a 14×28 shed might be the right size for you and your needs. A 14×28 shed is large enough to take care of many items that no longer fit in your garage, attic, and home. It is also a great size for a multi-purpose building, an office, or even a guest house. This page outlines the benefits and purposes of 14×28 Garden Sheds, Lofted Barns, and Utility Sheds. Looking for more information about shed sizes? Contact Classic Buildings today!
Pros and Cons: 14×28 Sheds
14×28 sheds are very large and can provide you with all the storage space you may need. Larger than the 14×20 shed and slightly larger than the 14×24 shed, they provide more space for storage or work (or both!) Here are the pros and cons of a 14×28 shed:
- Very large, customizable space – easy to add many custom options and features
- Can be used as an office space (in addition to storage or as an office space alone)
- Can be used as a guest house/room or pool house (in addition to storage or as a pool/guest house alone)
- Can add lots of windows, flower boxes, etc.
- Enough space to store large items and can even be used instead of a storage unit
- Looks beautiful in your yard and can actually be part of your landscape
- Big enough to be used as a multi-purpose building
- Can store lots of tools, gardening equipment, and other outdoor gear including lawnmowers, ATVs, etc.
- May not be suitable for all sized yards
- May take up too much yard space
- Very long; may be a pro or con depending on your needs and preference
- Larger sized sheds may be difficult to transport
- Larger sheds require more maintenance, regardless of specific dimensions – more shed = more care
- More expensive than smaller sheds
Looking for more shed sizes?
14×28 Shed Uses
Like other large sheds, a 14×28 shed works very well as a multi-purpose backyard building! 14×28 sheds are also perfect if you need lots of extra storage space. Many people choose to purchase their own shed instead of using public storage. Click here to read about the pros and cons of public storage VS storage sheds! A 14×28 shed is also a great size for a mini guest house or extra room. Below are some examples of how one might choose to use their floor space.
[ngg_images source=”galleries” container_ids=”141″ display_type=”photocrati-nextgen_basic_imagebrowser” ajax_pagination=”1″ order_by=”sortorder” order_direction=”ASC” returns=”included” maximum_entity_count=”500″]
Whether you choose to use your 14×28 shed exclusively for storage or as a workshop, office, or guest house, in addition to an extra storage space is up to you!
A large shed is a great option if you do not have a garage or have run out of space in your attic, home, and garage. Adding some shelves or a loft will increase your storage space. Just remember to stay organized! A 14×28 shed is large and you don’t want to lose track of your items.
In the time-lapse video above, it’s easy to see why so many people decide to convert their sheds into an extra room or a guest house! A 14×28 shed is a great size for a guest house if you frequently have friends or family visiting but don’t have enough space to comfortably accommodate them in your own home.
Workshop and/or Garden Shed
A 14×28 shed is quite large for just a simple garden shed! However, if you are an avid gardener, a 14×28 shed might be the right size for you.
If you do not have enough plants and gardening tools to fill up a 14×28 shed, then you might want to go with the multi-purpose workshop/garden shed. Adding a work bench, shelves, pegboards, and hangers can help transform your shed into the ultimate backyard handy-person haven!
With any large shed, the opportunities are almost endless. There are so many creative ideas for how to transform your shed into a unique space just for you. Here are some great ideas for your shed:
- Office space – using your shed exclusively as an office space or as an office space/workshop or office space/storage unit may be a great use for your new large shed.
- Man-Cave or She-Shed – have you heard of the man cave or she-shed? What used to be an option for basements and spare bedrooms is now an awesome shed trend! Any large shed, including a 14×28 sized shed, could be perfect for use as either a man cave or she-shed!
- Your very own shop – Did you know that one of Classic Buildings’ customers has converted their shed into a bakery? There are endless ways to transform your shed, and a permanent or temporary shop is a great choice! Click here to see this awesome garage converted into a pop-up shop.
What to Store in a 14×28 Shed
Sheds come in different shapes and storage capabilities – even sheds of the same dimensions! Add-ons, lofts, and other customized options can make your 14×28 shed have more or less room than your neighbor’s 14×28 shed. This guide provides examples and basic guidelines for what you can keep in your 14×28 garden shed, lofted barn, and utility shed.
The garden shed is a classic, attractive shed perfect for any backyard. Here are some items you can store your garden shed:
» Grass seed, gardening tools, and fertilizer, as well as large vehicles such as riding lawnmowers
» Multiple bicycles, skateboards, and other outdoor activity equipment
» Multiple items that no longer fit in the home
» Pool equipment and outdoor furniture
» Great choice for office space or workshop
The lofted barn has two lofts, positioned wherever you like! Here are some items you can store in your lofted barn:
» Yard ornaments, Christmas decorations, or other small fragile items (loft is perfect for storing these items!)
» Multiple bicycles, skateboards, other outdoor equipment such as ATVs
» Yard sale items or shop items
» Unused furniture or outdoor furniture
» Great choice for a she-shed, man-cave, or guest house
The utility shed is practical, economical, and a great storage solution. Here are some items you can store in your utility shed:
» Yard decor, yard ornaments, unused furniture, or outdoor furniture
» Multiple bicycles, skateboards, and other outdoor activity equipment
» Lawnmowers and ATVs
» Gardening equipment
» Tools, including large tools and machinery
Ready to Buy A 14×28 Shed?
If a 14x28shed sounds like the right size for you, it’s time to start planning for your perfect shed! If you’re ready to purchase your very own dream shed, contact Classic Buildings or visit the location nearest to you.
Remember, before buying a shed you should be aware of the shed permit requirements of your municipality. Sometimes permit requirements depend on the size of your shed. A 14×28 shed is considered large and will likely require a permit. Make sure you know the requirements of your area to avoid fines and headaches!
Classic Buildings has locations throughout the Midwest, including various Missouri cities (St. Louis, Arnold, Columbia, St. Charles, Rolla, Linn, Springfield, Jefferson City, Kansas City, and Washington Missouri). We are located in Swansea, Illinois and Kansas and deliver throughout the Midwest, and, in some cases, nationwide!
“Kenneth, I could not be more impressed with my new shed. From my experience so far you run a top notch company. From your sales staff to the installers it was my pleasure to do business with you. I would recommend that anyone in Champaign/Urbana IL that needs a building to get it from your company.”
– Mark Barnard – Read more testimonials here!
Did you know Classic Buildings offers a rent-to-own option?