Intimidated by the thought of where to begin with your backyard makeover? Now you can transform your neglected backyard with these great backyard makeover ideas without having to hire a professional landscaper. If you need some extra storage to keep all of your gardening supplies and outdoor accessories, contact Classic Buildings today for a beautifully built garden shed that will look great in your backyard.
1. Start with Extra Storage Space That’s Decorative Too
A storage shed is a great addition to any backyard, and it can also be an important aspect of your backyard makeover. You don’t have to settle for an unattractive, square, box-style shed. Why not choose a beautifully crafted model that will match your home and add to the overall look of your landscaping? Select the design you love that comes with extra features such as transom dormer windows, shutters, and window boxes.
Store your garden equipment in style!
- Garden Shed: Keep your backyard makeover looking its best by storing all of your gardening supplies in a handy and beautiful garden shed. Cost: $$$
- Tiny House: Not only would a tiny house look great in your backyard, but it’s perfect for overnight guests or an in-law suite. Cost: $$$$$
- Studio: Once your backyard makeover is complete, you’ll want to spend as much time there as possible. Incorporate a studio into your design and you can work there as well as save on rental fees. Cost: $$$$
- Workshop: If you or your spouse like DIY, then a workshop in your backyard is a handy place to keep your tools and finish your projects. Cost: $$$$
Keep your backyard tidy with a garden shed to store all of your gardening supplies
2. Stunning Flower Beds
A beautiful flower bed is a staple for any backyard makeover. Plants and flowers can add so much life to your outdoor space.
- Perennials vs Annuals: If you choose perennials instead of annuals, then you can enjoy them year after year. Once the initial set up is done, you just need to do some weeding and trimming to keep it looking amazing. Cost: $$
- Raised Beds: Adding some raised flower beds to your backyard will give it added height especially if your lot is completely flat. Try a tiered design to give you a mini mountain of flowers to enjoy. Cost: $$$
- Borders and Mulch: Large rocks or decorative bricks make great borders for your flower beds and they will define where your bed ends and your lawn begins. Use smaller rocks or mulch around your plants to help keep the amount of weeding to a minimum. Cost: $
Be creative with your flower beds; raise your beds and use decorative stones
3. Patios for Aesthetics and Entertaining
A patio is a great addition to any backyard makeover. It can be both functional and attractive. Your patio can actually give you more living space. It can be used as a place where you can entertain your friends and family and it can be a great place for you to escape and relax.
- Flagstones: A flagstone patio is a great choice if you prefer a more natural, non-geometrical look. They come in many different shades and colors to give you that unique look you want. Cost: $$$$
- Arbors and Trellises: Add an arbor or trellis to your patio for extra height and visual appeal. Plant some vines or other climbing plants to grow over your trellis for a truly organic look. Cost: $$
- Patio Furniture: Don’t forget to furnish your patio with outdoor furniture that is designed to withstand the elements and look beautiful for years to come. Cost: $$$
4. Tree Stump Ideas
Have you had to take down a dead tree and are now left with the stump? Most people consider the stumps as eyesores that get in the way when you are trying to mow the lawn and are too expensive and labor intensive to get removed. Well here are some really cool ways that you can incorporate that tree stump into your backyard makeover. These ideas are so great that they might even get you considering cutting down a tree, just to have a stump to work with! (But, we really don’t recommend doing that!)
- Table: Use the stump as a base for a beautiful outdoor table. Simply attach a slab of marble, stone, wood, etc. and you’ve got an extra eating area. Cost: $$
- Plant Stand: Set a decorative planter filled with flowers on top and around the base of your stump for a quick and easy impromptu garden. Cost: $
- Planter: Carve out a section of the top of the stump, fill with soil and plant flowers right inside for a lovely spill-over effect. Trailing petunias would work great for this idea. Cost: $
- Display Cave: Hollow out one side to make a little cave to display interesting garden ornaments. Cost: $$
- Gnome Home: Add a peaked shingled roof to the top and add a door on the side to make a lovely cottage for your favorite garden gnome. Cost: $$
Tree stumps can be transformed into amazing backyard landscape features
5. Fire Pit Ideas
There’s something magical about sitting around an outdoor fire with your family and friends. Today it is relatively simple to have your own fire pit. You can either purchase one or if you prefer the do-it-yourself option, you can build your own. There are so many styles and options to choose from.
Build a Fire Pit
Build your own in-ground fire pit – Here’s how
Buy a Fire Pit
Fire Pits come in many shapes, sizes and price ranges – Image Source: Amazon
If you don’t want to build a fire pit, then there are many options for purchasing one – Image Source: Amazon
The Best Portable Buildings for Your Backyard Makeover
Looking for the best portable buildings for your backyard makeover? Look no further than Classic Buildings. Classic has the best portable buildings in the state. Purchasing a high quality, custom crafted wooden shed doesn’t have to cost you a fortune, and you don’t need to wait until you have enough money saved to buy one. Contact Classic Buildings today or visit the location nearest to you and find out how easy it is to rent-to-own your own beautiful wooden shed. We provide financing and most people can even qualify for $0 money down.
Remember, before buying a shed you should be aware of the shed permit requirements of your municipality. Sometimes permit requirements depend on the size of your shed.
Classic Buildings has locations throughout the Midwest, including various Missouri cities (St. Louis, Arnold, Columbia, St. Charles, Rolla, Linn, Springfield, Jefferson City, Kansas City, and Washington Missouri). We are located in Swansea, Illinois and Kansas and deliver throughout the Midwest, and, in some cases, nationwide!
“I appreciate being treated as if I were your only customer, allowing
as much time as needed to reach a decision.”
– Russell J. Murray