For most homeowners, having enough space to store all of your possessions can be a challenge. Purchasing an outdoor storage shed can be the solution that you are looking for. If you live in the Kansas City area, there are a number of options for purchasing a storage shed. To find out more about how you can Rent-To-Own a beautifully crafted outdoor storage shed, contact Classic Building Sales today.
Need storage space today?
1. Where To Buy Outdoor Storage Sheds Kansas City
If you are in the market for an outdoor storage shed in Kansas City, there are several options open to you.
1. Online: Almost anything is available for purchase online now, including storage sheds. Online shopping is a great option if you prefer shopping from the convenience of your own home. Choose the shed you want, select the options you would like (such as size, color, and roof), pay, and have your shed delivered to you all without having to leave your house.
2. In Person: Many people still prefer to shop in person so that they can actually see the product they are interested in before they purchase. Shopping in person allows you the benefit of talking face to face with the makers of your garden shed so that you can have all of your questions answered. If you are in Kansas City you can purchase the highest quality, Amish crafted outdoor storage sheds from Classic Building Sales. Our Kansas City Superstore is conveniently located at 15640 40 Hwy East. We are open Monday to Friday from 9am until 6pm and Saturdays from 9am to 6pm. Click here for our store locations in Arnold Missouri, St. Charles Missouri, Washington Missouri, St. Louis Missouri, Swansea Illinois, Rolla Missouri, Columbia Missouri, and Jefferson City Missouri.
3. Box Stores: Another option for purchasing an outdoor storage shed in Kansas City is to go to a box store. Box stores often offer reasonable prices for storage sheds, however, you are limited to the standard sizes and styles that they carry. Most of the box store varieties are made of vinyl or resin. They are lighter in weight than wooden sheds and are easy to move. They can’t, however, support a lot of weight on their walls. If you would like to learn more about the differences between wooden and vinyl sheds, click here.
4. Used Shed In Classified Ads: There are many classified sites where you can purchase used storage sheds. It is a great way to get a great deal, especially if you aren’t worried about purchasing a used building. If the building was well made, such as those made by Classic Building Sales, then you can be assured that you will be getting a well-made structure that will last for years.
2. What kind of warranty to expect
If you have purchased your shed from Classic Buildings on or after January 1, 2013, you will receive a 10-year blanket warranty which covers defective workmanship, all lumber that is deemed structurally critical, and products used on the building including foundations of the products. Specific parts of your shed carry the following warranties:
- 30-year warranty: on pressure treated lumber used in the construction of the building against decay and de-lamination, excluding ramps.
- 50-year Prorated Warranty: on LP Smart Side siding.
- 25-Year Warranty: on the paint on the LP Smart Side siding against chipping or peeling.
- 30 Year Prorated Warranty: on shingles – 100% replacement in the first 3 years, 50% for the next 5 years, and manufacturer’s warranty for the remaining 24 years.
- 40-Year Prorated Warranty: on metal – 100% replacement in the first 3 years, 50% replacement for the next 5 years, and manufacturer’s warranty for the remaining 32 years against chalk and fade.
- 30-Day Warranty: for settling and proper function of the doors if the foundation is done by anyone other than Classic Buildings’ Portable Foundation Crew. Service fees may apply for re-leveling.
- 3-Year Warranty: for settling and proper function of doors if the building is done by Classic Buildings’ Portable Foundation Crew.
For more details on Classic Building’s great warranty, click here.
3. What Is Important In The Construction To Ensure The Building Lasts A Long Time?
The following is a list of features to look for when selecting a building that is built to last longer:
- 50-year caulk applied on joints and countersunk nails.
- 50-year termite-resistant LP siding and MiraTEC trim with a 25-year paint.
- Interlocking top plates and door/window framing just like a house.
- Anti-warp doors.
- Skids with a 30-year warranty against termites and rot.
- Diamond tread-plate to protect the door’s threshold.
- Felt paper installed beneath the shingles.
- Engineered to resist 140 mph winds and 70 lbs per square foot of snow.
Storage sheds built by Classic Buildings Sales include all of the above features and more.
4. How To Get It Delivered
If you are getting a fully assembled shed delivered to your backyard, you need to make sure that the company delivering it knows what they are doing so that your beautiful garden, lawn or any part of your property does not get damaged during the process. It takes skill and experience to do it right, so make sure you ask lots of questions to find out whether or not your delivery service knows what they are doing before you buy. Classic Building Sales has been delivering garden sheds for almost 15 years, so we have the know-how to make sure that your property will be protected.
We have specially designed trucks and highly skilled drivers who know how to do the job right. We also use an amazing piece of equipment with an incredibly tight turning radius called “The Mule” that is able to maneuver most buildings into the tightest of places. It is equipped with flotation tires that practically float across your yard, carrying your new shed with little or no damage to your grass. To see what is involved to successfully deliver your new building with little or no damage to your property, watch the following video.
Looking For An Outdoor Storage Shed?
Thinking about purchasing an outdoor storage shed? Don’t put it off any longer. Contact Classic Buildings today and find out how easy it is to rent to own your own beautiful garden shed. or visit the location nearest to you.
Remember, before buying a shed you should be aware of the shed permit requirements of your municipality. Sometimes permit requirements depend on the size of your shed.
Classic Buildings has locations throughout the Midwest, including various Missouri cities (St. Louis, Arnold, Columbia, St. Charles, Rolla, Linn, Springfield, Jefferson City, Kansas City, and Washington Missouri). We are located in Swansea, Illinois and Kansas and deliver throughout the Midwest, and, in some cases, nationwide!